Yes, there are lots of simple recipes we can make and enjoy. Cooking will elevate mood like shopping, talking to friend, or watching favorite movies. And believe it or not, these simple recipes are healthy and easy to cook for your family to eat their way happier! This is part of series of promoting homemade food that could help change your outlook towards cooking.
Butter Chicken Ingredients
- 750 grams of chicken (thigh pieces)
- 3 spoonfuls of vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 spoonful of kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- 1 ¼ spoonfuls of ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- ¼ spoonful of tandoori red color (Bush Orange Red Power iH7802)
- ½ cup tomato puree (Italian chopped tomatoes in tomato juice by Sainsbury)
- 2 tablespoons of whipped cream
- Fresh coriander leaves
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 and ½ teaspoons of Kashmiri red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons roasted cumin and coriander powder mix
- 2 small sticks of cinnamon
- 3 small whole cardamoms
- 4-5 cloves
- ½ cup or 18-20 pieces of cashew nuts
- 1 cup of water
Watch this video to learn the entire healthy and homemade butter chicken recipe
Steps to follow to prepare butter chicken
Step 1: Marinate the chicken
- Clean the chicken in a vessel. Add 3 spoons of yogurt, 1 spoon of garam masala, 1 spoon of kasuri methi, Kashmiri red chili powder to taste, ¼ spoon of red color, 1 1/4 spoons of ginger-garlic paste, salt to taste. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Marinate the mix for 6-7 hours
Step 2: Grill the Chicken
- Grill the marinated chicken for 40 minutes at 180 degree Celsius in preheated oven. Please ensure that you cover the chicken while grilling. This will keep the chicken juicy and soft during and after it is cooked.
Step 3: Prepare the Gravy
- Add 1 cup of water in a medium sized pan to boil.
- Add chopped tomatoes, onion, 3 garlic cloves, 3-4 ginger slices (about 1 inch long), cashew nuts, cinnamon sticks, cadmium and cloves.
- Mix all ingredients well, cover it and simmer it till all ingredients are cooked for about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool down. Once the cooked mixture cools down, grind this mixture into a fine paste.
Step 4: Prepare the Butter Chicken
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter. Reduce heat and add gravy paste and cook.
- Add 1 small spoon of coriander and cumin seed powder, ¾ spoon of Kashmir red chili powder, ¾ spoon of garam masala, 1 spoon of turmeric powder, tomato puree, salt, crushed kasuri methi and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add grilled chicken and 1 cup of water, and cook the butter chicken for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Finally, add whipped cream and boil it further for 1 minute.
Step 5: Serve the Butter Chicken:
- Transfer it into a serving bowl. Garnish butter chicken with coriander leaves and whipped cream.
#ASecretButterChickenRecipebySunitaRoy #HongKongDesi #IndianFood #HealthyFood #HomemadeFood #Lifestyle #Recipe #ButterChicken #