- 1 Large aubergine 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Garlic
- 2 tsp Lemon juice Olives
- 3 to 4 pcs sundried tomato 1 pc shallots
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper
- 1 dash of paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp cumin powder
- 1⁄2 tsp harissa
- Chili flakes
- A few pieces of julienned cucumber Pita bread cut into triangles and fried Rocket salad
– Smoke aubergine direct on fire or bake in oven till soft. Place in a bowl and cover with cling wrap for 15 mins. The steam will help remove the skin easily
– Remove charred skin and scoop out flesh into a bowl and using a fork mash it till smooth
– Add 2 tsp lemon juice or to taste, salt and pepper to taste and a dash of paprika and 1⁄2 tsp cumin powder, and chili flakes
– Add finely chopped shallots 1 small pc and finely chopped garlic, and 1⁄2 tsp harissa or more depending on heat
– Add 1 tbsp olive oil, and slice 3 to 4 pieces of olives
– Add 3 to 4 pieces of diced sun-dried tomatoes
– Cut pita bread into triangles and fry till golden brown and serve caviar with pita triangles and drizzle a little more olive oil on top
Serve caviar on a bed of rocket salad
by Meenu Chugani
About Chef: Her story in her own words: I was born in Pune (small town in India), grew up in Hong Kong & have taken the liberty without any regrets of calling HK my home.
Growing up in HK is a privilege and you quickly take into account the availability of all cultures and society that strongly prevail.
My love and passion for people and their cultures were prevalent at a very early age, hence the desire and journey for growth & inspiration in the knowledge of food commenced with great fervour.
It is easy to fall in love with HK, the colours and smells in a wet market laden with fresh produce, seafood, poultry, meat, spices, herbs, all varieties of staples such as wood ear mushroom, moss, fungi……to mention a few. The choices offered are enough to inspire and educate even the most amateur palette, to say the least.