Yes, there are lots of simple recipes we can make and enjoy. Cooking will elevate mood like shopping, talking to friend, or watching favorite movies. And believe it or not, these simple recipes are healthy and easy to cook for your family to eat their way happier! This is part of series of promoting homemade food that could help change your outlook towards cooking.
Palak Paneer Ingredients
- 300 grams of fresh green palak (spinach). You can use either Indian or chinese Spinach.
- 200 grams of paneer (cottage cheese) cubes (available in most of the Indian stores)
- 2 spoonfuls of vegetable or peanut oil
- 1/2 spoonful of ginger garlic paste
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder (or chili to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of roasted cumin and coriander powder mix
- 1 spoonful of garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of water
Watch this video to learn the entire healthy and homemade palak (spinach) paneer recipe
Steps to follow to prepare Healthy Palak (Spinach) Paneer
Step 1: Blanch the spinach
- Clean the fresh green spinach
- Cut the spinach leaves along with 1 or 2 inches of stems. You can add stem if it is tender.
- Blanch spinach leaves and stems for 4-5 minutes
- Allow the spinach to cool down
Step 2: Keep all ingredients ready
Step 3: Make a puree’
- Add blanched spinach and 1/2 cup water into mixture/grinder jar and make it into fine puree’
Step 4: Chop the onion
- Chop 1 medium or 1/2 big onion into small pieces.
Step 4: Prepare palak paneer
- Add 2 spoonfuls of oil in wok and heat the oil on medium flame.
Step 5: Add chopped onion and saute’ on medium flame
Step 6: Add ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute
Step 7: Add all dry spices
- Add Chili powder, roasted cumin and coriander powder, garam masala and cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
Step 8: Add palak or spinach puree’ into wok and cook for 2-3 minutes
Step 9: Add paneer cubes and cook for 2 more minutes and add salt to taste.
Step 5: Serve the Palak Paneer:
- Transfer the cooked palak paneer into a serving bowl.
- Garnish spinach or palak paneer with whipped cream and serve with rice or Indian bread. Although Jira (cumin) rice or Indian nan are better options, but you can serve it with regular white rice, paratha, chapati as well.
#ASecretPalakPaneerRecipebySunitaRoy #HongKongDesi #IndianFood #HealthyFood #HomemadeFood #Lifestyle #Recipe #PalakPaneer #HealthySpinach #JiraRice #nan