Formal ‘Training’ and ‘Certification’ will definitely help professionals getting focused, structured and systematic knowledge, and skill in business analysis field form an experienced professional that is required to build the solid foundation in the their domain, to get a job, earn respect after joining the job.
Some may underestimate the professional training, but the hiring manager will not. If he/she has to hire a professional (such as project manager or business analyst or financial analyst ), they will prefer someone who is already equipped with knowledge and skill acquired through professional course over someone who isn’t, because their company can save time and money in training the new joiner. It also helps to reduce the leaning curve after joining the job.
The professionals may have MBA degrees, but additional professional certificate help them to compete others easily.
Followings are some of the benefits of professional certificates:
- Better Recognition: It provides recognition of your skills and competence for doing a job, which will allow you to justify your experience and improve the employability.
- Better Career Plan: It helps to build a systematic career plan and advancement strategy.
- Better Alternate option: Professional certifications provides an affordable and focused alternate to the university education that many can’t afford due to their high cost and longer time schedule.
- Better Knowledge and Skill: Professional certifications focus on the fundamentals and ensure that the certificate holder has the minimum knowledge and skill in the related area.
- Better investment for organization: The hiring manager would find it more beneficial as the company can save time and money in training the prospective employee.
- Better skilled employees/ quality for organization: The professional certification of employees will validate the company’s ability to assign knowledgeable and skilled professionals on the project. Sometime, the clients insist that the consultants or employees on their project must have the professional certification to ensure high quality delivery.
- Which is better?: Reputation of certification awarding body is important.
- Better productivity: It adds to increased engagement, employment satisfaction and productivity that are the top ways of measuring the value of professional certification, as they contribute in reductions in staff churn, training, and recruitment costs.
- Staying updated: Re-certification ensures that the professionals stay updated in their field.
How to select the right training program?
A profesional training – classroom or virtual doesn’t matter.
What matters is:
- Content of the training,
- The technology used for delivering the online training,
- The style of teaching to keep audience engaged, and
- Specialization of the institute (some institute offer generalized mass training in every field and those courses usually don’t add value). So, select institutes who offer specialized training that is focused and intense in their specialized field.
- The reputation of the institute.
We interviewed professional trainer who have been teaching business analysis, digital marketing and other interesting topics in both classroom and virtual mode. They find virtual trainings are as good as classroom training if proper training tool is used and the same view is echoed by their students as well.
In classroom session, you are looking at the white board or large screen for the presentation and practical session. Sometimes, it becomes difficult for the students seating at the end of the class. So, if you are learning to create a model, you may or may not see the the instructor’s actions on the screen or how he/she is creating a model. However, in the virtual class, it is easier to see how instructor is creating diagram/models or focusing topic on the slide on your screen. You may have an option to enlarge if you wish to see it better.
The training tool is very important as it allows you to interact with the instructor, share the presentation, deliver the notes automatically, and view the screen during practical session.
At the end, it also depends on the instructor’s style of delivering the training to ensure to keep the audience engaged and interested. 🙂